Board Of Trustees & History
Board of Trustees
Susan Maher, President
Rusel Greller, Vice President
John Pettit-Milonakis, Secretary
Steven V. Dalton, Trustee
Margaret Santer, Trustee
Trina Reed, Director
Maryann Ferro, Assistant Director
History of the Library
The Levittown Public Library was established in 1950. In 1963, it moved from rented stores on the South Village Green, to its present location. In 1968, it became the Central Reference Library for the Nassau Library System. The library is chartered to provide service to residents of the Levittown Union Free School District. The Levittown School District covers 5.9 square miles and includes most of Levittown and parts of Seaford and Wantagh.
The mission of the Levittown Public Library is to create a compelling learning environment by providing extensive instructional, cultural, recreational and educational resources for people of all ages.